Post by catherwood on Apr 12, 2019 12:57:39 GMT -5
Q8 is what intimidates me. What if we overlook a detail because we don't recognize it as a reference from art or history or literature? Also, the movies mentioned in their response demonstrate a linear trail of clues, interdependent and connected, which cannot be solved in isolation. We can't skip ahead or focus on one detail. Like an Escape Room, you can't open the final lock without solving the earlier steps, and the first puzzle isn't telling you where the final lock even is.
[later addendum] I didn't mean to sound discouraged. I rather prefer a hunt with multiple steps, and I might be overthinking the movie references in this regard. Hunts are supposed to be an adventure, and the movies inspire us to have fun with them. I still hope that no single clue reveals the location of the treasure, just as I hope the solution does not hang upon a single bottleneck clue -- I do hope there is enough reinforcement across clues to allow for a few elements to go unsolved. Perhaps the references (art, history, literature) can be thought of as flavor text, maybe even Easter eggs? Or maybe additional knowledge will give a clue some extra significance, but can also be used at face value. I certainly wouldn't want to steer anyone in the wrong direction. It's all speculation, so keep going!
Last Edit: Apr 13, 2019 13:13:33 GMT -5 by catherwood
Thought I'd start a page that includes some of the things that were discussed in the 2nd Holiday Special tonight. Just to capture them and I wasn't there for the whole thing. So I'll start by putting what I heard and can remember. Please feel free to edit if I'm I'm inaccurate:
1. The bombshell about something is in the painting that JM specifically asked Kit to include and he says nobody has solved this big clue yet. In fact, he went on to say that whoever solves this hidden clue first will probably be the one that digs up the 13th casque.
2. Someone asked if the treasure is in water. Kit said that it currently is not in water but has the potential to be in water if "certain events happen" and it seemed like that potential was related to time. JM said that it's probably not a good idea to go swimming to look for it. Like it might be a bit dangerous to swim there? Huh? Spring thaw? Tides? Covid related? What could this be?
3. Someone asked if the person in the painting is a man or a woman. JM mentioned it was a ridiculous question and Kit said that it's female but could be a man. Is he just purposely throwing people off? (I'm sure the answer to that is yes).
4. The "Twins" are not identical.....according to JM.
5. Hey, did everyone see this image appear for 2 seconds at 2:28:02 into the video recording of the Holiday Special:
This place is in Louisville right down the road from Cherokee Park at 711 E Jefferson St! Subliminal messages? What's going on here? Are there any others?
More on this as I've been thinking and looking. The "over look" words. The Over Look is the bar on the top floor of the distillery but .... on JM's NOTE there was a message about a big clue being Overlooked. Remember?
Well Dave, the way I see it all the clues point to the boat launch area. It’s good to hear that it’s not buried deep and can be potentially located with a metal detector, but wait a minute, he showed you what the casque sounds like when you swing a metal detector over it. The problem is that the casque is at JM’s place. Therefore he must have some sort of substitute like a piece of copper , silver, aluminum, something that will give your detector a reading above iron that will blast your ears , mind you the metal screws might Sound like iron? The fact that they are telling you the location floods at certain times and we already know that the boat ramp was damaged back in Feb 2020 by a flood. There is no other spot that matches or gives JM a solid reason to pull out the casque. As well it is not a place to go swimming for the casque pretty much rules out BigRock. They mentioned Benjamin Gattons name when he posted a question about a name on a log. So look at his photos on FB especially the boat ramp ones. Kit was basically telling you the key like image in the shadow is not important and JM says what Bernheim bridge. They could be lying , not sure how to interpret that but I would ignore both. Just my thoughts, could be wrong. I had to laugh when I saw Kit with a hoodie on since I drew the cartoon below over a month ago. Lol ( inspired by Led Zeppelin).
Last Edit: Dec 11, 2020 8:18:03 GMT -5 by diceycat
I would think they have to know the 'Bernheim Bridge'...... so was the 'What Bridge?' comment to get us to move away from Cherokee Park or what?
Yes, I think ,( again just my opinion) ,that the Bernheim bridge is the square geometry in the lore that you are to be walking away from. So it could be just a confirmation that Cherokee park fits in the puzzle somehow ,but is not the location of the casque. The Bernheim bridge could be used as a reference point only, connect the landmarks Bernheim bridge to Christensen fountain and it leads you to the George Rogers Clark homesite ( Falls of the Ohio State park). As well I’m pretty sure that if you connect a straight line from Hogans fountain through Christensen fountain you end up at the Heigold house facade.