Post by forgottenhistoryhunt on Jul 31, 2021 8:07:36 GMT -5
Rules for the Every Which Way treasure hunt:
• This hunt requires boots on the ground to retrieve a hidden key.
• A photo of the finder with the proxy key at the site is required to win the prize.
• You can send someone to get the key if it is not local to you, but you must be a member of Mysterious Writings and have a US address to claim the prize.
• If you want verification before traveling to the site, you can submit your answer to me here on Mysterious Writings, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your username and the clues you solved that lead you to this location. I will respond with '"Worth a trip!" or "Keep trying". The answer must be specific to the spot where the key is hidden, not just a state, town, park, or general location. I will not accept random guesses or clarify if you are "close" or partly correct.
• I will accept one answer in a 24-hour period. If the answer is incorrect, you must wait 24 hours before submitting another answer.
• Please see the note on the hunt for additional instructions.
Thank you FHH for such a great adventure!! We worked on the puzzle through the afternoon and felt pretty sure we knew where we needed to be. It was going to be about a 5-6 hour drive each way, so we hopped in the car, knowing this was going to be a nighttime hunt for us. I've learned that from other hunts--when ya know you just gotta go! On arrival (after passing some very large dinosaurs), the retro Sinclair gas station was all lit up, so we didn't even need flashlights!! The biggest hurdle was clearing out more than a few juicy spiders 🕷 so we could search the pumps. It was an exhilarating moment when my hand ran across the key tucked under one of the pump's screws on top. This hunt was packed with some really cool history and a summer nighttime adventure that we'll always remember! Thank you for your gift!!
Nostalgic note: Kim remembers playing on Dino as a child. Many of the Sinclair gas stations had a fiberglass reproduction of their green dinosaur logo on their properties for the kids.